- Patients and Carers
- Introduction to BOC Healthcare
- BOC Clinical Services Areas
- Newly Diagnosed
- About your condition
- Caring for someone with a lung condition
- Stopping Smoking
- Advice and Support
- What is happening in your area?
Your medical condition has caused your oxygen levels to be low and require additional oxygen therapy. If your oxygen levels remain low for long periods this may lead to damage of your vital organs i.e. heart.
This has been decided when your blood gases were performed on assessment.
The benefits of receiving oxygen therapy may include:
- improved quality of life
- recovery after an exacerbation
- prevention of further damage to vital organs
- extending life
Your oxygen has been set by your clinician at a flowrate that is safe for you. It is important that you do not alter your flowrate unless advised by your clinician.
NHS Choices can provide some more information on home oxygen therapy treatment please click here