- Patients and Carers
- The Bradford Service
- BOC Clinical Services Areas
- Newly Diagnosed
- About your condition
- Caring for someone with a lung condition
- Stopping Smoking
- Advice and Support
- What is happening in your area?
For most people that have been diagnosed with hypertension there is no definite cause, however everyone with hypertension can make a number of changes to their lifestyle that can positively help the effects and long term risks of hypertension.
This programme is designed to:
- Improve your knowledge about hypertension so you can better control your blood pressure
- Develop your knowledge and skills about self-monitoring your blood pressure, so you know how to take readings and interpret them accurately
- Develop your knowledge and skills so you know your blood pressure targets and effectively manager your medication to achieve these
The self management programme is a 3 week course led by a Specialist Nurse.